Search recipe by name,author
Search Ingredients and Instructions filter by category.
Welcome to Punjabi-Recipes. we have Health recipes, vegeterian recipes, non vegeterian recipes from India and overseas. Learn the punjabi way of cooking, useful tips and techniques, discussion forums.
We keep on adding new recipes frequently , so bookmark this page so that you can visit us again to see the latest recipes and to see which recipes are getting more popular.
Hariyali Chicken Tikka ( Spinach and Mint Flavoured Chicken Tikka) Popular
1/15/2006 5:05:00 AM
( 2.0 ) by 7 users
1. Chicken Thigh Fillets or Breast Fillets - 1 kg
2. Ginger paste - 5 tbsp
3. Garlic paste - 5 tbsp
5. Red Chilli powder - 2 tbsp
6. Yoghur - 3/4 cup
7. Coriander leaves - 1 bunch
8. Mint leaves - 1 bunch
9. Spinach leaves - 12 leaves
10 Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
11 Garam Masala - 2 tbsp
12 Cooking Oil - 4 Table spoons
1. Dice chicken in small chunks.
2. Marinate the chicken in a mixture of lemon juice with salt and chilli powder.
3. Leave it aside for 1/2 and hour
4. Grind the coriander, mint and spinach leaves to a fine paste mixing with yoghurt.
5. Add Ginger and Garlic Paste to this mixture.
7. Add a tablespoon of Garam Masala.
8. Add two tablespoons of Oil in this mixture. ( This step is important as it makes the tikkas soft)
8. Mix the paste with the chicken chunks and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
9. Remove from the refrigerator atleast one hour before cooking.
10. Grill the chicken pieces on skewers or by spread the pieces in a grilling tray.
11. Once the chicken is cooked, put the heat to the maximum so that burnt marks appear on chicken. ( Make sure that you do not burn the chicken)
12. Serve hot with Yoghurt and Mint Chutney
Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti
Email this Recipe to your friend now
Some other Recipes and Links you may be interested in:
Pudina Raita (Mint Raita)
15 Most Popular
15 New Recipes