Search recipe by name,author
Search Ingredients and Instructions filter by category.
Welcome to Punjabi-Recipes. we have Health recipes, vegeterian recipes, non vegeterian recipes from India and overseas. Learn the punjabi way of cooking, useful tips and techniques, discussion forums.
We keep on adding new recipes frequently , so bookmark this page so that you can visit us again to see the latest recipes and to see which recipes are getting more popular.
Chicken Tikka Masala Popular
12/15/2005 3:01:00 AM
( 2.0 ) by 19 users
2 Tbsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp coriander seeds
2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
red food coloring
juice of lime
10 oz thick yoghurt
salt to taste
1.5 lb chicken, diced
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
oil for cooking
1. Grind the spices and mix with marinade ingredients.
2. Immerse chicken in marinade and leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot. Stir fry chicken vigorously for about 5 mins. Remove chicken and keep warm.
4. Fry onion and garlic until just browning and return chicken with any remaining marinade and water.
5. Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is nice and thick.
Instead of cooking the chiken in the fry pan as in Step 3.
This dish can also be done in a different fashion. The chicken can be grilled in a grill to get for 5 minutes and to finish the chicken off grill it on high to get the burnt marks.
Serve it with Naan, Rice or Roti
Email this Recipe to your friend now
Some other Recipes and Links you may be interested in:
15 Most Popular
15 New Recipes