Search recipe by name,author
Search Ingredients and Instructions filter by category.
Welcome to Punjabi-Recipes. we have Health recipes, vegeterian recipes, non vegeterian recipes from India and overseas. Learn the punjabi way of cooking, useful tips and techniques, discussion forums.
We keep on adding new recipes frequently , so bookmark this page so that you can visit us again to see the latest recipes and to see which recipes are getting more popular.
Paneer Kulcha Popular
11/15/2011 8:08:00 PM
( 3.0 ) by 5 users
Maida (All Purpose Floor) 2 cups
Dahi ( Yoghurt) 1 tablespoon
Cooking Soda 1/4 teaspoon
Sugar 1 teaspoon
Salt 1/2 teaspoon
Milk 1/2 cup
Paneer (India Cottage Cheese) 200 grams Grate it or mash it
Red Chilli Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Chat Masala 1/2 tea spoon
Finely chopped green coriander
Roasted Jeera Powder 1 teaspoon
Salt as per taste
1. Take a mixing bowl.
2. Add the maida in the bowl.
3. Now add Salt
4. Add Yoghurt
5. Add Cooking Soda
6. Add Sugar
7. Add milk.
8. Knead into a soft dough (Add more milk if needed)
9. Cover it with a damp cloth and leave it for 10 minutes
10. Take another mixing bowl.
11. Add the Paneer in it and mash it by hand
12. Add Salt
13. Add some Red Chilli powder
14. Add Chat Masala
15. Add the Roasted Jeera Powder.( Dry Roast 1 teaspoon of Cumin Seeds on a fry pan and once the colour starts changing remove it from the heat. Slightly crush it with hand once cooled)
16. Add the chopped coriander leaves.
17. Mix well with hand.
18. Make small balls of the dough which you prepared earlier ( in Step 9). Use some dry floor if the dough tends to stick to your fingers..
19. Take a dough ball and spread it slightly.
20. Now add put some paneer mixture on it.
21. Now pick the sides of the flattened dough and close together. so that the paneer stuffing is enclosed in it.
22. Now roll this into a roti. Use your hands or a rolling pin.
23. If you are using an Oven then preheat the oven to the maximum temperature.Avoid the fan forced option as it will dry it out the kulcha like a biscuit ...
24. Put the rolled Kulcha ( step 22) on a non stick baking tray.
25. Put it in the oven ( keep it as near as possible to the heating element or the fire)
26. In about 4 to 5 minutes it will be done, if needed cook it on the other side
27. If you do not have the oven then cook it on a Tava (Griddle Pan or a fry pan) on maximum heat.
28. Once done on both sides put it directly on the flame so that slightly burnt marks appear (if you do not have a gas flame stove then omit this step)
29. Smear it with butter
30. Eat with a blob of soft butter and / or Dahi ( Yoghurt)
Note: Add some variations by using some of the following before cooking it.
If you wish you can smear some red chilly powder on the top of the kulcha ( after step 22)
You can also smear some crushed or dried garlic flakes on the top.( after step 22)
You can also smear some dried Kasoori Methi leaves on the top. ( after step 22)
Email this Recipe to your friend now
Some other Recipes and Links you may be interested in:
15 Most Popular
15 New Recipes